Atrium Windows and Doors | Employer reference: REF8332T
Extrusion Tool and Die Tuner
Welcome, NC, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay Rate: $24 - 27 per hour
Shift available: 1st shift 7am-3pm
The tool and die tuner disassemble, cleans, adjusts and assembles dies and calibrators for use in the extrusion process for PVC window profiles. Extrusion tooling experience is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disassembles calibrators for cleaning, using the sonic sink
- Studies blueprints or specifications and visualizes shape of die, part, or tool
- Sets up and operates machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, and grinders, to machine parts.
- Lifts, positions, and secures machined parts on surface plate or worktable, using hoist, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Smooths and polishes flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloth, or power grinder
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Fits and assembles parts, using bolts, glue, and otherfasteners, and hand tools, such as hammers and wrenches
- Repairs or modifies tools and dies, using machine tools and hand tools
- Inspects die for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects by touch or visually
- Sharpens blades for regrind as needed
- Cleans work area as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Extrusion tooling experience
- 1 year of manufacturing experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read tape measure, caliper, micrometer and other tools for measurement;
- Knowledge of milling machines and grinders
- Basic computer skills
- Fork lift certification
Site Address: 300 Welcome Center Blvd. Lexington, NC 27295
For more information please call or text: (336) 422-6539
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.