Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF3553E
Vice President, Marketing
Cary, NC, US / Remote
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
At Cornerstone Building Brands we provide our residential and commercial customers with a comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions, when and where they need it. As a trusted leader of exterior building products, with an expansive national footprint, we are dedicated to efficiently and effectively meeting the needs of customers and communities.
Cornerstone Building Brands’ relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding and accessories, metal roofing and components, turnkey stone solutions and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
The Vice President of Marketing, US Windows & Doors is accountable to develop and deliver brand, product and channel marketing strategy and execution for the ~$3B business unit. The Cornerstone Building Brands U.S. Windows & Doors business is the largest manufacturer of windows in North America, supplying product solutions for new construction, multi-family and repair and remodel residential and commercial channels.
This leader is an integral part of the leadership team, influential in planning business strategy, channel strategy and investment approach and is accountable for developing compelling brand and product line go-to-market strategies while driving demand for our brands and market-leading solutions. This position has a wide range of intra- and inter-departmental, company and industry responsibilities including product and category growth strategy, demand generation, customer marketing, advertising, customer loyalty programs, digital and social marketing, market and competitive analysis, selling solutions and customer facing digital advancement.
Success in this position requires a deep understanding that collaboration is key to growing any business, especially in a complex and competitive industry. This position leads marketing teams that deliver best in class marketing through sales support, customer engagement, contractor pull marketing and working with the product management team to deliver effective product management.
This position is based in Cary, NC and requires relocation within 12 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the business unit’s overall strategic marketing plan, identifying integrated go-to-market plans, developing marketing plans to increase top and bottom-line performance and drive demand for the products in coordination with sales and product leadership
- Provide leadership, direction, and resource stewardship for the marketing function
- Direct the development of overall strategic direction for product lines to ensure portfolios have necessary depth and breadth while maintaining financial effectiveness
- Establish a brand strategy for deploying the brands in the marketplace and manage the brand portfolio to optimize market share and financial performance
- Lead the development of effective product communication, marketing tools, trade shows, PR, advertising, and customer merchandising
- Drive lead generation campaigns, email marketing, regional activations and digital marketing for the business
- Maintain product specific websites to optimize user experience and drive lead conversions
- Develop, measure and report on key metrics and drives a culture of ROI based decision making
- Development and execution of an overall marketing plan that specifically addresses channels, brands, products, segments and key customers that focuses on increasing market share in existing markets, identifies growth in new markets and drives against business objectives
- Work with product leaders to support the development of overall strategic direction for product lines (including new product development, SKU revitalization or rationalization) to ensure portfolios have necessary depth and breadth while maintaining financial effectiveness
- Drive development of training strategy and curriculum architecture for applicable business unit to support external and internal customer sales and marketing training needs
- Create and proactively manage departmental budgets to drive the achievement of departmental and company financial goals
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence system. Communicate findings to drive and support decision making
- Gather, purchase and commission market research data to identify trends, opportunities, and/or current business performance. Ensure data has analytical rigor sufficient for its purpose and provide interpretation of the data to drive decision making
- Help identify opportunities for profitable growth, including but not limited to new categories, markets, geographies, products terms of sales or other approaches
- Build a highly functional team and coach, mentor and drive excellence consistent with our core values and talent philosophy
This position positively contributes to Cornerstone Building Brands culture by:
- Fostering an environment, including ways of working and behaviors, that is congruent with our mission, values, and success model
- Facilitating organization-wide cohesion and keeping all functions aligned with the vision to be a premier company that builds and delivers cohesive and unique brand solutions to current and future markets
- Ensuring voice of the customer (VoC) and customer data and research are incorporated as a path to customer centricity
- Redefining organizational metrics that reflect the entire customer journey and help assess, train, and evaluate people and program effectiveness
This position positively contributes to Cornerstone Building Brands leadership by:
- Actively serving on the BU and extended executive leadership team and being involved in the highest level of decision making
- Investing significant effort on talent offense and aligning selection and development of sales teams to mindsets and skillsets important to the future of our business
- Ensuring everyone is working against the right priorities, receiving coaching and feedback to promote performance, and experiencing exciting opportunities for growth
- Serving as a role model and champion for employee engagement retention
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or other related discipline. MBA or advanced discipline preferred
- Minimum of seven to ten years of marketing/marketing management experience with executive-level and proven marketing leadership required
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills required. Ability to develop and present key data and recommendations. Professional, analytical and problem-solving skills required. Ability to create and gain buy-in to strategic vision for marketing and business strategies. Strong knowledge of sales and marketing principles and philosophies. Should be an innovative marketing leader that is goal oriented and passionate, collaborates well and effectively builds teams. Should be able to consistently meet deadlines and be results oriented, customer-centric, digital savvy and willing to be an active and accountable member of the leadership team
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $230,000 to $250,000 + 40% bonus + medical, dental, vision benefits starting dat 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-term is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.