Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF8028W
Welder 1st Shift
Benton, AR, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay starts at $18.00 per hour
1st Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment
- Responsible for coordination of welder settings, gun speed/travel, and gas flow with observed condition of bead
- Ability to read a tape measure and blueprints to shop standard
- Decide when adjustment or gun manipulation needs to be altered
- Decide how much and what repairs to make for pin holes and burn-through caused by auto welder
- Ability to train and teach proper welding procedures in accordance with manufacturing job procedures
- Responsible for holding beads to specified shapes, sizes, and penetrations while maintaining the quality of the product
- Responsible for keeping numerical and alphabetical sequences correct
- Maintains continuous improvement practices in the work area
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks
- Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
- Before initiating work at Cornerstone Building Brands, the employee is required to read and understand the position’s Job Safety Analysis. The employee must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and perform tasks in a manner consistent with Cornerstone Building Brands safety training, Cornerstone Building Brands Employee Manual, and OSHA regulations
- Work effectively to meet deadlines
- Work with a diversified work force
- May be assigned other projects and duties as designated by the Team Leader
- Must be able to obtain welding certification in accordance with Cornerstone Building Brands' welding procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) associate degree or equivalent from a 2-year College or technical school; or (1) to three (3) years working experience in welding; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably as a welder/fitter in the manufacturing industry
- Read blueprints and drawings Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required
- Perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division. Some positions may require advanced mathematics
- Apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, that involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required
- Required to use power hand tools
- Required to drive a forklift, operate overhead crane and other lifting equipment
- Read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micrometer)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
Site Address: 12655 I-30 South, Benton, AR 72015
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.