Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF3749F
Director Environmental Health and Safety
Cary, NC, US / Remoto
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Director Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) is responsible for executing the EHS&S initiatives within the Business Unit to enhance the safety culture, and identify, evaluate and control risks necessary to implement next-generation innovations in EHS&S performance and operating efficiency. The Director EH&S plans, directs, and coordinates Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) activities as well as participates in strategic planning process, tracking metrics across the Business Unit and at facilities, and providing leadership to ensure the company complies with applicable Federal, State and Local rules and requirements.
The Director EHS&S will report directly to the Vice President, Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) and as a member of the EHS&S leadership team will assist in the development and execution of strategic plans to achieve overall business objectives while promoting and demonstrating the guiding principles, vision, mission, and core values of the company. The Director EHS&S will lead and support approximately 40 facilities within the Shelters, UCC and Reeds organization.
Fully remote work structure is available for the right talent. Travel requirement is 40% - 50%.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the VP EHS and S in design and execution of the enterprise wide EH and S Strategy across the organization
- Lead the implementation of standardized EH and S policies, procedures & training across the manufacturing operations
- Establish and share best practices across the business unit
- Provide leadership, technical expertise to execute all EH and S initiatives, and driving a zero-harm culture with implementation of policies, procedures and best practices
- The BU Director, EH and S will assist in developing strategies related to safety, health, sustainability, environmental impacts, and energy conservation
- Stay abreast of trends, best practices, and public policy matters as it relates to environment, health, and safety
- Relay opportunities and efforts to close performance gaps to the VP EH and S to continually improve environmental impact/sustainability and health and safety
- Oversee preparation of all permitting applications, reports, and other communications for submittal to external parties including regulatory agencies
- Independently audit, establish priorities and partner with Plant Managers and site EH&S Managers to drive improvements and ensure OSHA and EPA compliance at the local, state, and federal level
- Oversee the preparation and submittal of required reports and documents to regulatory agencies (AQMD, EPA, LACSD, SWRCB, OSHA, CUPA, etc.) as required
- Implement systems and processes for EH and S monitoring, measurement, and reporting
- Lead the collection and execution of metrics, auditing, and key indicators to ensure consistency, compliance and EH and S continuous improvement across the company
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of driving EHS performance and cultural transformation. This includes the creation and execution of safety, sustainability, environmental and health standards, processes, and measures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering, or related discipline. Six Sigma/Lean experience, CSP, CIH, CHMM, PE Certification is preferred. Six Sigma/Lean Black Belt preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years progressive leadership experience as an environmental, health and safety leader in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Thorough working knowledge of EHS standards, requirements and the associated regulatory environment is required
- This includes previous experience working with OSHA, EPA, hazardous materials, and emergency preparedness at the local, state, and federal level
- Experienced leadership in managing EH and S for multiple, operations/facilities is required. Strong experience working with internal operational partners and regulators is required
- A proven track record of successful implementation/management of a behavior-based safety program
Direct and Indirect Reports:
- Plant EH&S Leaders (5-7) – Direct
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 to $170,000 + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.