Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF4857O
Director of Engineering
Houston, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Shelter Solutions Engineering Shared Services at Cornerstone Building Brands is looking to add a proven Engineering Director with strong business acumen and a passion for flawless execution and adopting change. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for leading and managing assigned metal buildings brand segment within the Engineering Design Center of Excellence (COE). In this role, the successful candidate will work within a cross-functional matrixed environment and lead by influence to accomplish organization-wide goals. You will be accountable for high quality, on-time delivery of technical deliverables in support of customer specific requirements, execute and support continuous improvement programs and productivity initiatives, identify and develop innovative buildings solutions that meet business needs, manage challenging issues within brand segment, and contribute to business strategy.
This position has the opportunity for flexible/ remote work options
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manage the activities and performance of the assigned brand segment and provide leadership and direction to engineering managers/supervisors/individual contributors
- Build a flexible, adaptable, and result-oriented engineering team to execute on initiatives and deliver on commitments to meet ever changing customer requirements. Ensure flexibility when needed and access to right talent for some activities required by customers
- Execute projects and initiatives as Engineering Shared Services by collaborating with other COE leaders to ensure proper allocation of resources of appropriate kind and adequate number across different offices to support project planning, forecasting, and capacity management
- Develop mitigation plans as necessary to mitigate risks to goals, production targets, and commitments
- Align engineering activities and projects with company goals and recommend and implement initiatives that result in the continuous improvement of engineering productivity
- Support the development of multi-year product line roadmap and strategy in collaborative, multi-function, team environment
- Coach, resolve conflict, and correct action as necessary to solve performance related issues while maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide input and lead improvement of internal engineering procedures and processes
- Maintain a robust operating rhythm for tracking brand segment billability, productivity, workloads, and systemic improvements, and identifying areas of opportunity
- Facilitate communication of business information between organizations and within brand segment
- Proactively work and partner with Human Resources to drive training programs, short- and long-term career paths, succession planning, and mentorship programs
- Establish team performance expectations and solicit feedback regularly from peers and stakeholders
- Manage the human resource functions of assigned team including, performance appraisals, engaging employees in process improvement initiatives and coaching and counseling team. Recommend hiring, separation, and salary and job change actions
- Experience in industrials, manufacturing, and/or building products preferable
- Solid knowledge of Engineering disciplines, process design tools and procedures
- Ability to influence leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Ability to perform under pressure and lead multiple departments/ projects concurrently
- Good level of understanding of technology, digital solutions, & model base engineering
- Strong process improvement background. Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Experience with Primavera P6 preferred
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong people management, performance management, and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and engineering management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Skilled in writing and presenting to senior management
- Exceptional PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a managerial capacity over engineering organization(s) or project engineering leadership
- Licensed Professional Engineer
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.