Ply Gem | Referencia de empleador: REF3659A
General Maintenance Associate
Bryan, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The General Maintenance Associate performs a variety of functions such as equipment installations, repairs, or modification of equipment for generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy in the manufacturing facility. Installs, modifies and maintains all plant buildings, machinery and equipment, including mobile or road equipment and production machinery, in a good state of mechanical repair.
- Works with production departments to schedule troubleshooting and repairs of equipment issues
- Maintains a strong focus on Safety
- Performs duties safely and ensures the safety of others by wearing proper protective equipment, following Lock Out/Tag Out procedures, and complying with other safety practices and procedures
- Maintain documentation related to work done through the CMMS
- Supports the maintenance inventory system by looking up and researching parts needed to maintain production equipment and to keep track of all parts used
- Assists in special projects and changes to existing production lines and in the set-up of new production lines
- Attends maintenance training courses on and off site
- Supports the production lines on a daily-needs basis
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high stress environment
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- A Two-year Associate Degree in technical related field Work or Apprenticeship equivalent experience
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements, mechanical, electrical, and PLC controlled systems is required
- Basic skills in reading and comprehension of electrical schematics and pneumatic/hydraulic principles and diagrams are also necessary
- Must be competent in skills related to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience troubleshooting machines, i.e., electrical, mechanical, pneumatic systems
- Technicians must be flexible regarding schedule and travel requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have initiative and ability to effectively manage assigned work
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
Site Address: 615 W Carson St. Bryan Tx 77840
For more information, please call or text: 979-922-5148
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union Programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.