Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: 16215
Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician
Kearney, MO, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
1st Shift Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
Benefits Starting Day 1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Troubleshoot, repair, and replace complex equipment control systems. Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance on all machinery. Train maintenance associates in the diagnostics and repair of industrial controls on all equipment. Train maintenance associates in the use of the computer system. Work with Maintenance Manager on setting up and implementing preventive maintenance program. Work with vendors and corporate engineering on all new equipment purchases and retrofits so they align with overall Cornerstone Building Brands goals.
- Perform all duties required of a Maintenance Associate 5 & 6
- Plan and organize equipment and facility repairs and assign work as needed
- Troubleshoot, replace, and program AC DC drives and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controls)
- Train maintenance technicians in the troubleshooting and replacement of drives, motor controls, PLCs and other control systems as required.
- Keep control systems current by performing upgrades per corporate and OEM recommendations
- Diagnose and correct mechanical, electrical and control failures on all equipment
- Maintain work logs, including logs of repairs and alterations to the mechanical and electrical schematics
- Perform preventive maintenance on all electrical and control systems including the use of an infrared camera and other test equipment
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Attend weekly shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required
- Maintain supplies at workstation
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify department supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- Complete daily forklift and scissor lift safety/damage inspection checks
- Graduate of technical school or associates degree in electro-mechanical field or equivalent combination of education and experience. State license or certificate preferred
- Minimum of two years experience in electrical and equipment controls maintenance required
- Must be able to read and modify mechanical and electrical schematics. Must understand operation of AC and DC drives and PLCs. PLC programming preferred. Position requires excellent mathematical and design aptitude
- Must be able to distinguish colors and have correctable eyesight and correctable hearing. Must be able to pass colorblindness test. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and ability to team lift 51 to 100 pounds. Must have above average oral and written communications skills and ability to work well with others. Must be able to operate and read electronic equipment like a digital multimeter and oscilloscope. Must be able to handle multiple demands. Position requires walking, standing, bending, and twisting. Work involves high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery; constant attention to safe practices is required
- Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust
- Amp probe, insulated tools, meg meter, multi-tester, oscilloscope and other electrical testing and recording instruments, utility knife, volt meter. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes required
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Address: 303 W Major St. Kearney, MO 64060
If you would like to follow up on your application, please call (816) 974-7980.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.