Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF2608C
Mount Pleasant, IA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
We are currently seeking a Machine Operator to join our team at our 305 N Iris Rd location. The ideal candidate will have some crane and receiving experience or possess the desire to learn. The position includes, but is not limited to, loading Bar material from racks, welding, measuring and cutting parts to length. You will also be expected to handle other manufacturing related duties as assigned. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package to include paid time off on day one, and mentorship support to ensure successful team member growth and development. This is a 2nd shift position with the potential of mandatory overtime.
$500 bonus after 90 days of employment!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate various CNC controlled machines, such as presses, lasers, rolling mills in a fast-paced production setting, with an emphasis on safety and quality
- Utilize scanning equipment
- Inspect work visually for defects according to Quality Systems
- Serve as a positive role model consistent with Cornerstone Building Brands Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Provide cost saving suggestions and ideas to improve production and eliminate waste
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be willing/able to work overtime.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, write, and follow posted schedules.
- Willing to learn and take on additional tasks as assigned.
- Team player and keeping safety first.
- Share in the Rewards for our Performance: Quarterly Gainsharing Bonus based on the performance of our plant
- Recharge: 11 Company paid Holidays, Paid Sick and vacation time
- Save for the future: 401k with Company Match
- Continue to learn and grow: Tuition Reimbursement, Company Training to improve your skills
- Be well: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account.
- Short and Long-Term disability
- $500 Retention bonus
- Paid life insurance
- Save money, all uniforms and work shoes paid for by Cornerstone Building Brands
- Refer a friend sign on bonus
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a related area is preferred.
- Must have basic Microsoft knowledge.
- Experience with side forklift, bander, nail gun, overhead crane, saws, stretch wrap machine, and various pneumatic equipment preferred, not required.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.