Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF3740L
Maintenance Team Lead
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Pay: $35 - $50 per hour
- Direct hire opportunity
- 12 hour shifts (AM) Occasional Saturday
- Competitive medical plans
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Company-matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- Access to Daily Pay
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Maintenance Supervisor performs a variety of functions such as equipment installations, repairs, or modification of equipment for generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy in the manufacturing facility. Installs, modifies and maintains all plant buildings, machinery and equipment, including mobile or road equipment and production machinery, in a good state of mechanical repair.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working with and around hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical apparatus
- Perform duties assigned in the machine shop (i.e. tool & die) as directed
- Ability to work on highly technical or involved projects, presenting new or constantly changing problems
- Ability to deal with complex factors not easily evaluated and to make decision based on conclusions and findings
- Installs and repairs a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, and circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems or other transmission equipment
- Working with blue prints, drawings, layouts, verbal instructions and/or other specs
- Uses all types of welding equipment, arc, acetylene, brazing, and flame cutting equipment. Capable of laying out and fitting up welding, making jugs and fixtures
- Uses electricians hand tools and measuring and testing equipment
- Diagnoses and corrects trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment
- Performs visual and mechanical inspections required to keep machinery in good condition to produce a finished quality product to order specifications
- Follows preventive maintenance program as established by the company and performs inspections of equipment and takes preventive action when necessary
- Maintains buildings, performing minor and major repairs
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment
- Gives on the job direction to new maintenance mechanics and/or others assisting in maintenance work
- Maintains continuous improvement efforts in work area
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules
- Must demonstrate proficiency in resolving unexpected events and circumstance
- Hand and Power tools
- Shop Machine tools
- Testing equipment
- Ability to read different measuring devices (i.e. tape measure, protractor, micrometer)
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent
- Minimum of (5) five years related work experience in a maintenance mechanic function, or equivalent related experience
Site Address: 1155 W 2300 North St, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.