Atrium Windows and Doors | Referencia de empleador: REF1924Z
Safety Coordinator Night Shift
Dallas, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay Starts at $20.00 per hour, plus $1.00 per hour shift differential.
Shift: Night shift - 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively promote health and safety programs at the associate level
- Assist in injury prevention programs
- Maintain safety records and track incident corrective actions to completion
- Assist in incident investigations, including root cause analysis, corrective action development and follow-up for completion of action items
- Assist EHS Manager in developing and preparing safety training material, programs and conducting training
- Guides the safety committee
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs as directed by EHS/HR Manager
- Maintain and update Safety and Health programs/plans
- Conduct safety orientation training for all new hires
- Complete safety audits on a monthly basis
- Complete safety assessment as needed
- Compile monthly data collection metrics as defined by EHS/Plant Manager
- Must be able to attend and complete 30-hour OSHA training or OSHA 511
- Performs duty as assigned
- High School graduate/GED required. Some college or business school course preferred
- Bilingual where needed
- Minimum of one-year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous safety experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer skills. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Broad understanding of plant operations and manufacturing processes and problem solving
- Very strong desire to learn and willing to tackle new challenges. In doing so, can demonstrate competence in application of safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Must have a passion to learn about safety- Strong belief in Safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations
- 10 or 30 hour OSHA certification; situation de-escalation, First Aid, CPR Certified, Leadership training, LOTO, Machine Guarding, Electrical Safety
Our Location: 9001 Ambassador Way Dallas, TX 75247
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.