Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF2971T
Mount Pleasant, IA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our Manufacturing team at our 305 N. Iris Rd, Mount Pleasant, IA 52641 location! The Material Shipping/ Loading is responsible for general labor within the facility. Position includes comprehensive benefits package and paid time off on day one and mentorship support to ensure successful team member growth and development. Overtime is anticipated with this full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be willing/able to work mandatory overtime and occasional Saturdays.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, write, and follow posted schedules.
- Reading and understanding work orders to be processed.
- Understanding counting by weights
- Using tape measure
- Reading fractions and decimals.
- Willingness to train, certify, and operate forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to work outdoors year round
- Ability to bend and lift a maximum of 60 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- High attention to detail and observation.
- General mathematical knowledge and proficiency with basic measuring instruments
- Ability to work on feet for long hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding and adherence of safety protocols and requirements
- Provided Personal protective equipment use is mandatory and expected to be maintained by the employee
- Willing to learn and take on additional tasks as assigned.
- Share in the Rewards for our Performance: Quarterly Gainsharing Bonus based on the performance of our plant
- Recharge: 11 Company paid Holidays, Paid Sick and vacation time
- Save for the future: 401k with Company Match
- Continue to learn and grow: Tuition Reimbursement, Company Training to improve your skills
- Be well: Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account.
- Short and Long-Term disability
- Paid life insurance
- Refer a friend sign on bonus
- Previous experience in a related area is preferred, not required will train.
- Must have basic Microsoft knowledge.
- Experience with side forklift, bander, nail gun, overhead crane, saws, stretch wrap machine, and various pneumatic equipment preferred, not required will train.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- General Labor within all aspects of the shipping department
- General Labor in different departments of the shop facility
- Loading material via forklift, crane, and manual loading, will train
- Operating a Yard truck to transport material around the facility
- Customer Service
- Provide a positive attitude in a team-oriented setting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.