Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF2681D
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Stuarts Draft, VA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $29.25 - $37.75 per hour + $1.00 per hour shift differential
Shift: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM on a 2-2-3 Schedule
Benefits Starting Day 1
Paid Time Off
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs scheduled and emergency maintenance on manufacturing machinery. Corrects problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical components. Maintains specified production and spare equipment. Performs basic to moderately complex mechanical repairs and installations. Performs basic to moderately complex grounds/facilities repairs, as required. Interacts with vendors to complete projects or to repair equipment. Ensures accuracy and safety in all operations
- Diagnose root cause of problem and correct issue with mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic in plant machinery and equipment
- Perform routine, predictive, and preventive maintenance on all machinery
- Operate man lifts and forklifts, transport heavy parts and equipment, and complete forklift safety training
- Identify needed parts to repair equipment and facility
- Complete required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts
- Coordinate maintenance of parts inventory with MRO and purchasing personnel
- Maintain grinders and associated blowers; adjust and install sharpened blades
- Fabricate metal parts (e.g. brackets); perform welding as required
- Maintain work logs as required
- Perform basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations
- Perform grounds/facilities repairs as needed
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Maintain personal toolbox
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked
- Attend daily shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify department supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- High school graduate/GED
- Enrollment in or completion of an accredited apprenticeship program is a plus
- Minimum of three years of maintenance experience, at least one year of which must have been in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance scheduling and implementation required
- Knowledge of basic assembly and repair techniques
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of lockout tagout verify
- Position requires walking, standing, heavy lifting, bending, and twisting
- Must have correctable hearing and eyesight
- Ability to learn basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills with on-the-job training
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work with some limited supervision to perform job
- Must be skilled in working with hand and electrical tools
- Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust
- Work involves exposure to high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery
- Amp probe, basic hand tools, forklift, hand power tools, voltmeter, utility knife. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes required
- Safe work performance is always required from each Associate
- Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Site Address: 185 Johnson Drive, Stuarts Draft, VA. 24477
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.