Atrium Windows and Doors | Referencia de empleador: REF3369K
Supply Chain Manager
Dallas, TX, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Plan, staff and manage a fully integrated strategic sourcing and material management function including strategic sourcing and physical distribution. This includes the procurement of all raw materials and supplies, and JIT ordering/scheduling of materials. Plan and manage inventories to result in desired customer serve levels with minimum inventory. Manage the purchasing of the desired quality materials at the lowest price possible
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the strategic sourcing of material to maximize the leverage of the combined volume of our total vinyl material requirements
- Maintain research and competitive/market intelligence on all major items such as PVC, glass, micro-materials, and corrugated to ensure Cornerstone is cognizant of current pricing trends and able to benchmark its purchasing costs
- Implement a year round strategic sourcing process that includes supplier outreach, qualifications activities, supplier relations, issue resolution, formal competitive bidding, on-line auction, BAFO requests and price negotiations
- Develop initiatives and creative methods to ensure reduction of procurement costs to the minimum possible levels while ensuring appropriate legal standards are maintained
- Implement contract agreements, including Terms and Conditions, to lock-in favorable prices, guarantee delivery and effect favorable payment terms
- Develop the preparation of the annual production and inventory plans for the three year Strategic Plan and the Annual Business Plan to meet company objective for on-time delivery, manning ramp-up, inventory turns
- Lead the processes for developing the monthly production plans and plant loading to meet forecasted sales and desired service levels
- Ensure unforeseen changes in the production/sales plans are addressed in a timely and efficient manner
- Lead the processes necessary to ensure the appropriate level and mix of inventory is stocked at each applicable location to ensure high service levels with minimum inventories and a positive cash flow each month
- Ensure finished goods inventories are active and of high utility. Coordinate with sales and marketing to reduce/eliminate slow moving materials. Coordinate with manufacturing to ensure obsolete inventory is recycled as quickly as possible
- Assist in the planning and achievement of various material efficiency programs, including the use of alternate material and material usage
- Coordinate with manufacturing and shipping/transportation to ensure the system dynamics are such that Cornerstone produces and ships from the sites that result in the least cost scenario on an ongoing basis, providing guidance and direction where resources (capital etc.) can be applied to reduce costs
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the trucking industry to facilitate programs and discussion to keep our shippers on time pickup and deliveries at the highest possible level
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A minimum of five years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment in a purchasing, buying or supply chain role
- Effective analytical skills, contract negotiation and management skills required
- Legal knowledge of contracts preferred
- Accounting knowledge and strong written and verbal communications required
- Effective knowledge of progressive materials management techniques required
- APICS certification preferred
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.