Ply Gem Windows & Doors | Referencia de empleador: REF2919T
Tooling Machinist (Day Shift)
Auburn, WA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
$31.50-$38.00 per hour
Benefits Start Day 1
Address: 5001 D Street NW, Auburn WA, 98001
Please text/call (253) 293-5038 to schedule an interview!
Ply Gem Windows is now a part of Cornerstone Building Brands! Cornerstone Building Brands makes windows that provide builders, architects, and homeowners with energy-efficient, low-maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home, and this is why great building solutions start with you! We are part of the nation’s leading vinyl window and door manufacturers. As a Cornerstone Building Brands employee, you’ll have an opportunity to positively impact our organization every day and gain valuable knowledge and insight in collaboration with a team of experienced peers. In short, the Cornerstone Building Brands Difference is YOU!
Under the supervision of the Tooling Manager, the incumbent is accountable for setting up and properly calibrating extrusion tools, ensuring the flow of polymer material through production tooling by machining adjustments as needed, for efficient production and for machining and assembling accurate tooling for profile extrusion.
- Performs extrusion line set-up according to specifications and calibrates tooling based on extrusion process demands and specified running conditions.
- Inspects and verifies profile tooling accuracy and performance and modifies extrusion tooling to meet design and product specifications.
- Builds extrusion dies and calibrators, when necessary, utilizing existing machine shop equipment and machines tooling efficiently, according to design specifications.
- Trains production crews and machine shop personnel on new tooling start-up, the extrusion process and troubleshooting of extrusion problems.
- · Documents all tooling modifications and machine settings for future reference. Keeps track of the use of test run materials.
- Provides input on tooling design new tooling techniques and processing issues. Monitors and organizes equipment inventory, ensuring all materials and tools are in place to promote efficient test runs. Travels as needed to troubleshoot tooling and process problems in window manufacturing facilities and for personal continuous advancement.
- Incumbent works within parameters as defined by generally accepted machining practices, manufacturing capabilities, cost and time efficiency. The incumbent uses knowledge, precedent and experience to complete necessary modifications, adhering to design specifications. Deviations in protocol are referred to the Tooling Manager. The incumbent uses experience to establish and/or change run conditions for existing or new extrusion tooling, to ensure efficient production.
- Minimum of 2-5 year's of machinery experience
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing and to work in a team environment.
- Ability to teach production and machine shop personnel.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend technical drawings.
- Good knowledge of machine shop practices and equipment, typically obtained through formal education such as a journeyman's license or long term practical experience in the industry.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and math skills
- Must have basic knowledge of ACAD.
- High school diploma required
Tools, equipment, and PPE used:
- Milling machine Horizontal bandsaw Overhead projector
- Surface grinder Vertical bandsaw Personal computer
- Lathe Hand tools Extrusion equipment
- Drill press Measuring equipment Required safety equipment
- Bench grinder Gages
- Manufacturing environment with exposure to PVC dust, fumes, noise, heat and forklift traffic and general office environment.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Career training, development, and progression planning
We offer great benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that start on day one
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Diverse Culture
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Activities
- Rewards Program
- And much more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.