Cornerstone Building Brands | Referencia de empleador: REF3918K
Vice President, Retail
Cary, NC, US / Remoto
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Vice President of Retail is accountable for leading the execution of the Cornerstone Building Brands retail channel strategy to optimize and deliver profitable growth. This position is responsible for developing strategies that combine customer-driven long-term thinking with near-term revenue and EBITDA goals. It will lead the development and execution of cross-functional strategies to improve customer engagement, renewal, and advocacy for our retail channel - all based on a deep foundation of customer insights and analytics. Success in this position requires a deep understanding that collaboration is key to growing any business, especially in a complex and competitive industry. This position leads of team of ~60 people (sales, account management, and analytics team members) focused on the ~$1 billion retail business and reports directly to the U.S. Windows Business Unit President.
This position positively contributes to our company’s culture by:
- Fostering an environment, including ways of working and behaviors, that is congruent with our mission, values, and success model
- Facilitating organization-wide cohesion and keeping all functions aligned with the vision to be a premier company and deliver optimum retail customer experiences that, in turn, will support and drive revenue and earnings growth
- Ensuring voice of the customer (VoC) and customer data are incorporated as a path to customer centricity
- Redefining organizational metrics that reflect the entire retail customer journey to deliver experiences that create loyalty, profitable growth, and advocacy
This position positively contributes to the company’s leadership by:
- Actively serving on the BU and extended executive leadership team and being involved in the highest level of decision making
- Investing significant effort on talent offense and aligning selection and development of sales teams to mindsets and skillsets important to the future of our business
- Ensuring everyone is working against the right priorities, receiving coaching and feedback to promote performance, and experiencing exciting opportunities for growth
- Serving as a role model and champion for employee engagement retention
Primary accountabilities for this position include:
- Growth at retail through better product assortments and experiences:
- Focusing on sustaining and growing our market share in retail channels through revenue growth in products, customers, and markets
- Responsible for shoring up the operational fundamentals within retail channels that will promote a solid foundation for profitable growth and predictability
- Collaborating with our Cornerstone Building Brands cross-functional teams together to drive tailored strategies for retail channels that create mutual value, make us easier to do business with, and help our customers and Cornerstone Building Brands win
- Coordinating with cross functional teams (e,g. sales, product, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain, etc.) to deliver merchandising excellence and execute projects to create better product assortments and SKU simplification
- Partnering with customer’s merchandising team and manages over 24,000 individual planograms
- Being a trusted partner with retailers and help them to execute strategies around digital, supply chain, and pro customer acquisition
- Sales planning and effectiveness
- Combining the most effective demand forecasting techniques with the knowledge and experience of sales managers to increase confidence in the forecasts provided
- Defining sales effectiveness for the retail channel and implement key performance metrics that enable leaders to assess, train and evaluate sales teams accordingly
- Developing and driving the execution of our sales effectiveness strategy and programs so that we consistently align to customer expectations and the needs of those working with our customers, build commercial readiness capability, enable outcome-based selling, both for sales leaders and for collaborative selling teams, and ensuring a foundation of reliable data and simplified processes so we make better, faster decisions
- Conducting win/loss analysis to help the business better understand, anticipate, or respond to changes in retail customer expectations and the competitive landscape
- Driving margin improvement through cost takeout initiatives, optimized customer footprint and capacity utilization, enhanced product mix across all categories, and optimal pricing strategies
- Leverage USW retail salesforce to deliver strategies unique to each product category and reporting business unit.
- Track, measure, and assess KPIs that are unique to individual product lines, while influencing critical workstreams with multiple merchant organizations
- Omnichannel presence
- Tying together strategy and roles, supported by digital applications, tools, processes, and analytics
- Forming, evaluating, and executing an online strategy that can create lasting values for both Cornerstone Building Brands and the retailers we serve
- Act as an ambassador for Cornerstone Building Brands
- Serve as the key strategic leader and primary point of contact for our Cornerstone Building Brands retail customers (e.g. The Home Depot, Lowe’s, etc.) top-to-top retail relationships, partnering with the retail leader in our Surfaces and Shelter Business Units to define aligned Key Performance Indictors and drive success for the Cornerstone Building Brands portfolio
- Collaborate across enterprise reporting units to maximize strategic influence and ROI of retail programs
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in appropriate discipline preferred
- Minimum of 12 years of executive-level sales and/or marketing leadership experience; with at least 5 years working with retail channels and customers (e.g. The Home Depot, Lowe’s)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience leading sales, marketing, business development, or product portfolio teams
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $250,000 to $280,000 + 40% bonus + medical, dental, vision benefits starting dat 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-term is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.