Cornerstone Building Brands | Référence de l'employeur: REF7378L
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Kearney, MO, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $29.00-$32.50 per hour, plus $1.25 per hour shift differential
2nd Shift: Monday-Friday, 3 pm-11 pm
Benefits Starting Day 1
On Demand Pay (Access to Your Pay When You Need It)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs scheduled and emergency maintenance on manufacturing machinery. Corrects problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical components, and PLCs. Maintains specified production and spare equipment. Performs basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations. Operates and assists in maintaining motorized equipment. Performs basic to moderately complex grounds/facilities repairs, as required. Interacts with vendors to complete projects or to repair equipment. Ensures accuracy and safety in all operations.
- Diagnose root cause of problem and correct issue with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components and PLCs in plant machinery and equipment
- Perform routine, predictive and preventive maintenance on all machinery
- Maintain and repair motorized equipment
- Operate manlifts and forklifts; transport heavy parts and equipment, and perform inspections on trucks
- Identify needed parts to repair equipment and facility
- Complete required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts
- Coordinate maintenance of parts inventory with MRO and purchasing personnel
- Maintain grinders and associated blowers; adjust and sharpen blades
- Fabricate metal parts (e.g. brackets); perform welding as required
- Maintain work logs as required
- Perform basic to moderately complex electrical repairs and installations
- Complete daily forklift safety/damage inspection checks
- Perform grounds/facilities repairs and needed
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Maintain supplies at workstation
- Train other Maintenance Associates. Train other plant associates on equipment and procedures
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked
- Attend weekly shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify department supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- High school graduate/GED
- Minimum of two years of maintenance experience, at least one year of which must have been in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance scheduling and implementation required
- Knowledge of basic carpentry and tooling
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude
- Position requires walking, standing, heavy lifting, bending, and twisting
- Must have correctable hearing and eyesight
- Must be able to pass colorblindness test and be able to keep colors separate
- Ability to learn basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills with on-the-job training
- Ability to lift up to 86 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and ability to team lift 87 to 100 pounds
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work with some limited supervision to perform job
- Must be skilled in working with hand and electrical tools
- Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust
- Work involves exposure to high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery
- Equipment/Tools Used: Amp probe, basic hand tools, fork lift, hand power tools, O scope, OA torch, plasma cutter, soldering iron, volt meter, utility knife. Hearing protection, safety glasses, and steel toed shoes required
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Site Address: 303 W Major St. Kearney, MO 64060
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.