Cornerstone Building Brands | Référence de l'employeur: 8116
Production Associate 2nd Shift
Gaffney, SC, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $14.00 per hour, plus $1.00 per hour Shift Differential for 2nd Shift
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm. Monday – Friday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Production Associate visually inspects extruded products for consistent appearance and length according to defined standards. Production Associate ensures product consistency and standards including but not limited to proper counts, packing patterns, packing enclosures, and carton construction and labels. PAs pack finished products into bundles. Associate routes, cuts, sores, and boxes products in accordance with B.O.M.’s. Production Associate maintains paperwork as required.
- Visually inspect the extruded product for appearance and size defects according to specifications
- Conduct recurrent tests/inspections of products’ functional features
- Notify appropriate personnel (Production Associate 3s and 4s, Manufacturing Shift Supervisor) of product defects
- Assemble bundles for packaging
- Ensure proper packing patterns, product counts, and package enclosures
- Ensure that all parts and pieces are in there place in all box programs
- Square, band, heat seal and label the packed bundles
- The associate can set up and operate Fabrication Department Equipment: Routers, CMM Gang saw, Tiger Saw, Heat tunnel, notchers, and Crimpers
- Discard unacceptable profiles in Scrap Rack
- Identify a product that is jammed up in the production line and assist as necessary
- Identify that line is going down and assist as necessary
- Assist with color and product die changes
- Perform line shut down tasks
- Communicate with previous and following shifts’ Production Associates about product quality, problems, and status of work in progress
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed
- Complete accurately and legibly all line packaging-related paperwork
- Identify product not being routed or cut to spec in accordance with the line check sheet
- Identify product out of spec and able to repackage in proper patterns, color, and count
- Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked
- Observe health and safety practices when handling start-ups/shutdown strips
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain supplies at the workstation
- Communicate with Material Handler(s) to move full bundles
- Assist with training of temporaries and new hires in Production Associate 1 positions
- Must be able to read draft drawings
- Must be able to read tape measures, calipers, micrometers, and radius gages
- Float to relieve other Production Associate 1s for breaks
- Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs
- Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- Assist with production equipment maintenance
- Identify and be able to lend a hand to associates in need of help
- Maintain work zones' cleanliness and safety
- Work with Production Associate 2 on optimizing workflow in the fabrication department
Manufacturing experience and reliable work history strongly preferred
- Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with people
- Must be accurate with complex operations, detail oriented with ability to operate, read, and interpret equipment/findings
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude, ability to operate a ten key, and working knowledge of machine mechanics
- Must be able to learn to work with computer systems and have the ability to gain computer skills as needed
- Need ability to use and read calipers and micrometers to within one thousandth of an inch
- Ability to lift up to 86lbs on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and ability to team lift 87 to 100lbs, keep colors separate, and records weights accurately
- Must be able to perform with sometimes little to no supervision and direction, and successfully complete assignment as satisfactorily and quickly as possible
- Position requires ability to discern color differences
- Frequent standing, bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting and walking
- Laboratory environment with exposure to manufacturing area noise
- May experience conflicts over acceptable product quality
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS USED: Hearing protection, safety glasses, safety shoes, tape measure, gloves, hack saw, tool box and contents, stamp and stamp pad, colorimeter, gloss meter, cold and regular impact testers, computer, scales, various gauges, pendulum, shrink tank and other items as required.
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals. Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions
- Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- The proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
Site Address: 100 Cellwood Drive Gaffney SC 29340
For more information, please call or text (864) 251-5731.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.