Cornerstone Building Brands | Référence de l'employeur: REF7471O
Quality Associate 1st Shift
Durham, NC, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $18.00 per hour
1st Shift Monday-Friday 6:00 am-4:30 pm
Benefits Starting Day 1
On Demand Pay
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Quality Inspector will learn to adhere to quality standards when inspecting products coming off the line and via post cure process. Through this position inspectors will work with machine operators to provide constant feedback of quality issues.
- Perform quality assurance checks of inspection products coming off the lamination line and as well as product that will need to be inspected for post cure process
- Perform 5S duties through housekeeping activities such as floor sweeping, press, and other work areas assigned
- Communicate with maintenance department and manufacturing shift supervisor about machine malfunctions
- Develop communication skills so knowledge can be shared with previous and following shifts
- Communicate with other associates about product quality, problems, and status of work in progress
- Refer to Production Schedule for color of product, product number and quantity to be produced
- Locate Quality Assurance Specification from Lab to adhere to specifications for appropriate product
- Perform all quality assurance checks according to schedule on Operational Report
- Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked
- Always observe health and safety practices to Cornerstone Building Brands standards
- Accurately performs pre-start checks, including verifying all equipment is ready for start-up
- Perform shut down checks in accordance with production needs
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Maintain supplies at workstation
- Move foamed products into post cure oven and to gather new chemicals of iso and polyol
- Ensure proper PPE protocol is being followed at all time dealing with chemicals
- Load and unload totes/barrels of ISO and Polyol
- Aid with training of new personnel in quality inspection area areas
- Assist with training of temporaries and new hires
- Change over bottom conveyor belt based on production need
- Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- Assist with production equipment maintenance
- Minimum requirements: Pervious manufacturing experience, ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing setting
- Preferred experience: experience working with hand tools, calipers, micrometers, pervious quality inspector experience
- Knowledge: Must be able to read, write and have working knowledge of machine mechanics
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and above average math aptitude
- Mental/Physical/Visual Demands: Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be quality and safety conscious, team player
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact with people
- Must be detail oriented with ability to operate, read and interpret test equipment/findings
- Must have ability to learn to operate a computer and ten key
- Needs ability to use and read calipers and micrometers to within one thousandth of an inch and a tape measure
- Must be able to work quickly with product, ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and ability to team lift 51 to 100 pounds, keep colors separate and records weights accurately
- Working Conditions: Extensive standing, frequent bending, liftin, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting and walking
- Conflicts over acceptable product quality possible
- Equipment/Tools Used: Hearing protection, safety glasses, tape measure, sawing glove, hack saw, packing gloves, toolbox and contents, stamp and stamp pad
- Safety: Save work performance is always required from each Associate
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals
- Required to wear or use persona protective equipment as applicable an to immediately report unsafe working conditions
- Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is and integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Site Address: 2520 S Tricenter Blvd, Durham, NC 27713
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.