Cornerstone Building Brands | Référence de l'employeur: REF5781S
Senior Electrical Maintenance Technician
Martinsburg, WV, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay: $39.25 - $47.10 per hour, plus $1.00 shift differential per hour
3rd Shift: Monday-Saturday 11 pm-7 am
Benefits Start Day 1
On Demand Pay (Access to Your Pay When You Need It)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs scheduled and emergency maintenance on manufacturing machinery. Corrects problems with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical components, and PLCs. Maintains specified production and spare equipment. Plans and fabricates metal parts (e.g., brackets) for manufacturing application; installs and maintains electrical equipment. Operates and assists maintaining motorized equipment. Performs basic to complex grounds/facilities repairs, as required. Performs basic to complex electrical repairs and installations. Interacts with vendors to complete projects or to repair equipment. Ensures accuracy and safety in all operations.
- Diagnose root cause of problem and correct issue with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical components and PLCs in plant machinery and equipment
- Perform routine, preventive, and predictive maintenance on all machinery
- Maintain and repair motorized equipment
- Operate manlifts and forklifts; transport heavy parts and equipment
- Identify needed parts to repair equipment and facility
- Complete required paperwork to order new parts and to track existing parts
- Coordinate maintenance of parts inventory with MRO and purchasing personnel
- Maintain grinders and associated blowers; adjust and replace blades
- Fabricate metal parts (e.g., brackets); perform welding as required
- Perform grounds/facilities repairs, as required
- Perform all duties required of a Maintenance Associate 5 (“B”)
- Maintain work logs, including logs of repairs and alterations to schematics
- Perform basic to complex electrical repairs and installations
- Train Maintenance Associates as required
- Complete daily forklift safety/damage inspection checks
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Train other Maintenance Associates on job functions
- Train Extrusion Associate 3s and 4s as needed on changeovers and equipment and procedures
- Maintain supplies at workstation
- Respond to on-call emergencies as needed
- Use assigned timecard daily to accurately record time worked
- Attend weekly shift meetings and/or monthly plant meetings, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify department supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- High school graduate/GED supplemented by technical school or formal apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical maintenance theory and application
- Minimum of four years of maintenance experience, at least two years of which must have been in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Must have one year of experience as a Maintenance Associate 5 (“B”), if promoting internally into position
- Knowledge of basic preventive maintenance scheduling and implementation required
- Knowledge of basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and basic carpentry and tooling
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations pertaining to equipment
- Position requires walking, crawling, standing, heavy lifting, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing
- Should have correctable eyesight and be able to distinguish between colors and pass colorblindness test
- Ability to coordinate and organize complex tasks
- Ability to work independently. Ability to identify and prepare part orders
- Must be skilled in production line set-up equipment requirements for all products manufactured
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift 86 pounds maximum, and lift up to 86lbs on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and ability to team lift 87 to 100lbs
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must have excellent math and design aptitude
- Must be skilled in working with hand and electrical tools
- Manufacturing plant environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust
- Work involves exposure to high voltage equipment and rapidly moving machinery
- Outside work during hot and cold weather for emergencies to be expected
- Equipment/Tools Used:
- Amp probe, basic hand tools, hand power tools, O scope, OA torch, plasma cutter, soldering iron, volt meter, hydraulic jack, mill, lathe, saws, sander, grinders, utility knife
- Forklift/manlift on occasion
- Safety glasses, face shields, various gloves, earplugs, steel toed shoes
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times
- Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associates’s performance appraisal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Site Address: 91 Variform Drive Martinsburg WV 25403
For more information, please call or text (304) 278-4149.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.