Cornerstone Building Brands | Référence de l'employeur: REF7081D
Vice President, Corporate Communications
Cary, NC, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
As the Vice President of Corporate Communications, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and fostering a positive corporate identity, enhancing internal and external communication strategies, and driving a vibrant and inclusive organizational culture. This leader is a steward of our corporate brand and is responsible for bringing to life our culture while driving employee engagement and building corporate brand equity. The role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Office and works across the executive leadership team and functional teams to develop and activate comprehensive communication plans, employee engagement initiatives, and ensure alignment between the company’s messaging and its values. This role requires a strategic thinker with exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Corporate Communication Strategy:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, strategic corporate communication plan that aligns with the organization’s objectives, strategy and core values
- Drive corporate brand equity with employees - both current and prospective, customers and external stakeholders
- Create, refine and distribute key messages to internal and external stakeholders and identify new solutions for reaching all audience segments
- Lead all public relations, media relations and community outreach for the company
Employee Engagement and Culture Advancement
- Lead efforts to cultivate a positive and inclusive corporate culture that reflects the company’s values and vision
- Lead the culture activation for the organization and drive employee awareness, understanding and commitment
- Continue to advance the corporate communications team and capability to enhance employee engagement, satisfaction and culture advancement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent and transparent communication throughout the organization
- Design and execute internal communication strategies that keep employees informed, engaged, and aligned with company goals
- Manage communication channels such as intranet, town hall meetings, leadership meetings and other platforms
- Ensure effective communication of corporate updates, CEO messages, policy changes, and important announcements
- Drive the company’s external communication efforts to maintain a strong and positive brand equity
- Oversee the creation of marketing materials, website content, social media presence, and public relations campaigns
- Lead the communication needs for M&A, C-Suite visibility and ESG
- Act as a company spokesperson and engage with external stakeholders, including media and industry partners
Leadership and Team Management:
- Provide strong leadership to the Corporate Communications and Culture team, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment
- Set clear goals, monitor progress, and provide guidance to team members
- Mentor and develop team members to enhance their skills and capabilities
- Develop and execute crisis communication plans to manage potential reputational risks effectively
- Coordinate communication efforts during challenging situations to maintain transparency and manage brand reputation and public perception
Position is hybrid, based in Cary, NC
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism, or a related field; advanced degree is a plus
- Proven experience 5-7+ years in corporate communications, public relations, or related roles, with a track record of successful strategy development and execution
- Strong understanding of organizational culture dynamics, employee engagement and change management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft clear and compelling messages for various audiences
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align communication efforts with business goals and values
- Experience managing teams, fostering collaboration
- Extremely detail oriented with high quality standards
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure
- Proficiency in leveraging communication tools, technology, and platforms to drive engagement and deliver messages effectively
- Demonstrated crisis communication experience is a plus
This is a hybrid position, working 2 days a week from our Cary, NC office. 5020 Weston Parkway Cary, NC 27513
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.