Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF7497R
Business Development Manager
Cary, NC, US / Remote
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be a unique mix of analytical and relational skillsets. This individual will create strategies, drive actions, and deliver results. Through qualitative and quantitative data analysis, the BDM will analyze internal and external data on the market, customers, distributors, products, etc. and identify hypotheses on market opportunities with existing products. They will then test these hypotheses by speaking both with customers directly and with sales in the field. The BDM will develop strategies, socialize these strategies with the sales team, and then drive execution in structured sales processes as well as direct customer interactions in the field.
For channel initiatives, close work with the channel marketing and full cross functional teams will be required to ensure that the appropriate channel programs are being developed and deployed to drive growth opportunities. For higher profile and more strategic initiatives, the BDM will own the relationship with the key customer partners from prospecting to incubation to realization and eventually handoff to the sales organization for ongoing maintenance. The result will be a demonstrated track record of profitable revenue growth and share gain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
Identifying Business Opportunities:
- Researching and identifying potential markets, industries, and clients for expansion
- Analyzing market trends, competition, and customer needs to pinpoint growth opportunities
Building and Maintaining Relationships:
- Cultivating and nurturing relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Establishing rapport and trust to foster long-term partnerships
Developing Business Strategies:
- Creating comprehensive business development plans aligned with company goals
- Defining strategies for entering new markets, launching products, or expanding services
Market Research and Analysis:
- Gathering and analyzing market data to identify customer needs and preferences
- Evaluating competitors and staying informed about industry trends
Collaborating with Cross-Functional Teams:
- Working closely with sales, marketing, product, and finance teams to develop cohesive strategies
- Coordinating efforts to ensure successful product launches or market entries
Proposal and Presentation Preparation:
- Developing persuasive proposals, presentations, and pitches for potential clients
- Clearly communicating the value proposition and benefits of the company's offerings
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting on business development progress
- Providing regular updates to senior management on achieved milestones and challenges
- Identifying and establishing strategic partnerships, alliances, and collaborations
- Leveraging partner networks to enhance the company's reach and capabilities
Client Relationship Management:
- Managing existing client relationships to ensure satisfaction and repeat business
- Addressing client concerns and providing exceptional customer service
Market Entry and Expansion:
- Planning and executing market entry strategies for new geographical areas
- Evaluating potential risks and opportunities associated with expansion
Budgeting and Financial Analysis:
- Developing budgets for business development initiatives and monitoring expenses
- Conducting financial analysis to assess the feasibility of proposed opportunities
Innovation and Product Development:
- Collaborating with product teams to identify market needs and develop new offerings
- Develop a strategic plan for channel innovation, aligning it with the category's overall business goals and objectives
- Identifying potential risks associated with new ventures or partnerships
- Developing risk mitigation strategies to ensure business continuity
Attending Industry Events and Conferences:
- Participating in relevant industry events, conferences, and trade shows to expand networks
- Representing the company and staying updated on industry developments
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or comparable discipline
- Preferred: Masters' degree in Marketing, Business Administration or comparable discipline
- Minimum three to five years of sales experience with business development experience preferred
- Experience in building products industry (exterior products) strongly preferred, especially with similar customer base (RSI distributors, home centers) and generating pull-thru demand by working directly with decision-makers and influencers
- Demonstrated ability to create actionable business development strategies and implement them in the market
- Able to generate data-driven insights that combine quantitative and qualitative methods into actionable strategies and plans
- Interpersonal and networking skills to develop and manage business relationships
- Ability to create and gain buy-in to strategic vision for assigned product lines
- Effective in analysis, solution, and presentation of marketing data
- Ability to create financial models for potential business opportunities
- Ability to lead projects cross-functionally and collaborate effectively
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in identifying new business models and revenue streams
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Position requires up to 50% travel
This is a remote US based opportunity.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $100,000 to $122,500 + commission + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.