Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: REF8089G
Sidney, OH, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To manage, lead and implement controls and improvements across the paint-focused value streams of the paint manufacturing cell and light gauge coil coating lines, supporting exceptional safety, environmental and production standards. Coach, train and document best practices, through continuous improvement efforts, that will allow the company to provide superior quality products and services to our internal and external customers.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizational and departmental metrics
- Lead and participate in safety and environmental activities to support and elevate safety and environmental standards and expectations
- Monitor and train direct reports on QEMS System and/or company conduct principles to enhance quality conscious work ethic
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through continuous improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between internal and external customers/business functions
- Facilitate daily communication with production staff with regards to performance, process improvements, safety and quality
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Administer training to direct reports to ensure accountability for developed standards
- Ensure 5S practices are developed, documented and executed daily to ensure a safe, clean, and efficient work environment
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements and strategic initiatives using lean manufacturing techniques that include standard work, product flow, and elimination of “non-value added” activities
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Manage and optimize labor costs to support customer/production needs while achieving monthly cost metrics
- Planning and expediting production to achieve 100% service while working closely with distribution and customer service on all service interruptions
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints and internal nonconformance to root cause
- Organize and structure skilled labor to optimize training efforts, reduce machine downtime and maximize equipment OA
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes
- Exchange and share best practices with all departments
- Establish, plan and monitor departmental budgets, plans and forecasts
- Encourage and develop a teamwork atmosphere among all employees, shifts, and departments
- Recognize and address all training needs through scheduled and documented training plans
- Work closely with EHS, Marketing, Quality, HR, and Maintenance and/or other required departments on all new products, processes, and work cells
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 8+ years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean or 5S experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to improve safety, quality, and efficiency standards while reducing overall costs
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Desire and ability to function at a plant manager level
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Must have leadership skills to enable the development of teamwork among shifts and departments
- Good human relations including the ability to work closely with others
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and email
- Able to excel at operating in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive leadership role
- Good knowledge and execution of all Basic Principles/Core Values and communication skills
This is a night position Monday-Friday with around a 6 pm start time
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.