Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 7734
Jasper, TN, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay is $16.00 per hour, plus applicable shift differential
Day Shift: 7am - 7pm, 12 hour rotating schedule (2 days on, 2 days off, every other weekend)
Night Shift: 7pm - 7am, 12 hour rotating schedule (2 days on, 2 days off, every other weekend)
Benefits Start Day 1
80 Hours Vacation
On-Demand Pay Program (access to your pay when you need it)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Production Associate visually inspects extruded product for consistent appearance and length according to defined standards. Associate ensures product consistency and standards including but not limited to proper counts, packing patterns, packing enclosures and carton construction and labels. Associate packs finished product into cartons and places cartons on finished product skids. Associate maintains paperwork as required.
- Visually inspect extruded product for appearance and size defects according to specifications
- Conduct recurrent tests/inspections of products’ functional features (including, but not limited to, nail slot depth, weepholes, butt-end channel locks, etc)
- Notify appropriate personnel (Extrusion Associate 3s and 4s, Manufacturing Shift Supervisor) of product defects
- Assemble cartons for packaging
- Ensure proper packing patterns, product counts, and package enclosures
- Square, glue, seal and label (if necessary) the packed cartons
- Transfer carton to finished product skid
- Discard unacceptable panels in Scrap Rack
- Identify product that is jammed up in production line and assist as necessary
- Identify that line is going down and assist as necessary
- Assist with color and product fixture changes
- Perform line shut down tasks
- Communicate with previous and following shifts’ Extrusion Associates about product quality, problems, and status of work in progress
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed such as cleaning up of knock-out build up in MRF cutter
- Complete accurately and legibly all line packaging-related paperwork
- Notify Extrusion Associate 3 or 4 (Operators) of colored light alarm from Ink Jet Printer
- Punch time clock before and after shift to record time worked
- Observe health and safety practices when handling bacon strips
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Maintain supplies at workstation
- Communicate with Material Handler(s) to move full warehouse racks
- Assist with training of temporaries and new hires in Extrusion Associate 1 positions
- Float to relieve other Extrusion Associate 1s for breaks
- Attend weekly shift meetings and monthly All Hands Forum, if required
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- Notify Supervisor if proper tools are not furnished to complete job functions
- Assist with production equipment maintenance
- No experience required. Prior manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math skills as job duties require
- Must possess common sense, positive attitude, and demonstrate excellent attendance
- Must be quality and safety conscious, a team player
- Must be able to work quickly with product
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and able to lift with assistance 87 to 100 pounds
- Must be able to keep colors separate and record weights accurately
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to concentrate for sustained periods
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interact with people
- Extensive standing, frequent bending, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, twisting and walking
- Extreme weather conditions
- Hearing protection, safety glasses, tape measure, sawing glove, hack saw, packing gloves, stamp and stamp pad
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals
- Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions
- Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Site Address: 1274 Industrial Blvd, Jasper, TN 37347
For inquiries, call or text 423-651-0102.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.