Silver Line | Référence de l'employeur: REF8054Q
Industrial Maintenance Technician 3rd Shift
Marion, OH, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base Pay Rate: $21.50-$29.50 per hour
3rd Shift: 9:30PM- 6AM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for safely performing emergency and preventative repairs to plant machinery and infrastructure and minimizing production time losses associated with the breakdown or failure of production equipment
- Informs the Maintenance Supervisor when supplies have been removed from stock and require replenishment
- Provides ordering information for replenishment of stock
- Responsible for development and review of standard operating procedures to govern the function performed by maintenance personnel
- Ensures that all established maintenance work areas are kept clean and safe including where repairs are performed
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the fundamental principles associated with the quality and environmental management system in place
- Understand basic concepts of electricity including voltage, current, and resistance
- Understand and operate a volt-ohm-millimeters (VOM) and non-contact voltage testers to properly test for energized electrical circuits
- Understand mechanical fastener types, application and installation procedures. Select and install various types of fasteners
- Handle, dispense and apply various types of lubricants
- Understand types, properties, storage, handling and application of basic lubricants, and the use of typical lubricant charts
- Understand basic machine shop skills and machine safety
- Understand and participate in TPM initiatives
- Understand hydraulic valve configuration, operation, and components
- Understand pneumatic valve configuration, operation, and component
- Weld, braze, solder and cut metal
- Perform the basic tasks in preparing for an arc welding job
- Use block and tackle, chain hoists, slings, levelers, come-alongs, jacks, and winches to lift or move equipment
- Inspect heavy lifting hardware and cranes, and help perform heavy lifting jobs
- Inspect, assemble and disassemble scaffolding
- Function and proper use of basic lifting equipment, including block and tackle
- Understand basic components of blueprints including scales, symbols and dimensions
- Working towards or have an Associate Degree in a related field or equivalent past work experience
- Trained in LOTO, Electrical / Mechanical Safe Work Practices, Ladder Safety, CPR, Respiratory protection, Incipient stage fire response, Confined space entry, Fall protection, Enclosed spaces entry, Aerial lifts, PIT
- Basic PC skills
- Communication and time-management skills
- Customer focus
- Some heavy lifting required to replace motors, pumps, extruder screws, etc., at low frequency. Equipment is provided to move / manipulate heavy components
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
- Occasionally squat, crawl, reach above shoulders, kneel and balance
- Requires repetitive action such as simple staring, grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulating. (includes right and left hands)
- Working with various chemicals
- High work from scaffolding, ladders and platforms
- Working in confined space conditions
- Wearing the proper PPE
- Handling hazardous waste wearing the appropriate PPE
- Working near energized electric circuits
- Working near hot equipment and or materials
Site Address: 2549 Innovation Drive, Marion, Ohio, 43302
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work, and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.