Cornerstone Building Brands | Référence de l'employeur: 7732
Kansas City, MO, US
Cornerstone Building Brands is a premier exterior building solutions provider serving both the residential and commercial markets across North America. The building products we manufacture are the cornerstone of the communities where people live, work and play -from homes to hospitals, grade schools to grocery stores, manufacturing facilities to municipal buildings and beyond.
Through the core values and consistent behaviors and mindsets embraced by our employees, we have built a culture dedicated to understanding our customers' needs and what matters most to their success. We know that it's our people that make the difference and we are deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Base pay is $19.00 per hour, plus $1.25 per hour shift differential for 2nd shift
2nd Shift: Monday-Friday, 3 pm-11pm
Benefits Starting Day 1
On Demand Pay (Access To Your Pay When You Need It)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Warehouse associate assists in the warehouse by crating, pulling product, forklift operation, and unloading trucks. Associate ensures that orders are filled accurately for customer satisfaction; ensures cartons shipped are structurally sound and suitable for sale by visually inspecting cartons, repairing and re-boxing as needed.
Ensures inventory control through correct placement of product within warehouse. Ensures safety of people and materials in all locations by following Company guidelines on lifting, stacking, and operation of motorized equipment, and loading of flat beds. Performs all functions in accordance with safety policies and procedures to maintain a quality product during storage and shipment. Responsible for careful loading of product and quality crate building to assist with customer satisfaction.
- Operate motorized equipment (forklift and multi-directional equipment) safely, efficiently, and accurately
- Correctly fill orders from inventory
- Stage product in preparation for shipment
- Review dispatch log and load flat beds accordingly
- Set-up materials for crate-building
- Provide production with product storage racks
- Change batteries and gas tanks on forklifts and report maintenance needs of motorized equipment
- Perform daily preventive maintenance and safety checks on motorized equipment
- Perform warehouse maintenance and warehouse housekeeping
- Train on paperwork and bills of lading
- Train for inventory and cycle counts
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Attend scheduled staff meetings with the Distribution Supervisor, if required
- Perform basic duties of Warehouse Associate 4 at times, based upon ability and experience
- Maintain an accurate time card daily
- Actively participate in all plant safety programs, depending on location
- High School Graduate/G.E.D
- Six months experience as a Warehouse Associate 2 or six months related experience preferred
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the Company distribution process and procedure
- Must have good eye/hand coordination, excellent manual dexterity including a skill to use hand and electrical tools, and an ability to read and comprehend numbers
- Must be able to lift up to 86lbs on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist and ability to team lift 87 to 100lbs
- Must be detailed oriented, possess good communication skills, and interact well with others. Must be able to separate product by profiling color
- Working Conditions: Warehouse environment with exposure to equipment noise, temperature extremes, and dust
- Position requires continual lifting, twisting and bending
- Must be proficient in working with hand, electrical, and pneumatic tools
- Must be able to operate a multi-directional forklift safely
- Safety glasses and ear plugs must be utilized as instructed
- Must possess a Company motorized equipment license
- Safe work performance is required from each Associate at all times
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe manner in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Manuals
- Required to wear or use personal protective equipment as applicable and to immediately report unsafe working conditions
- Comply with all legislative requirements as outlined by Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Additionally, the proper discharge of safety responsibilities is an integral part of each Associate’s performance appraisal
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Address: 12600 NE 40th St. Suite 300, Kansas City, MO 64161
If you would like to follow up on your application, please call (816) 974-7980.
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. You can also view Your Right to Work Poster here along with This Organizations Participation in E-Verify Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please contact Human Resources at 281-897-7788 or HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brands name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.