Cornerstone Building Brands | Employer reference: 7685
Vacaville, CA, US
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
Starting at $20.00 Per Hour
Benefits - Start Day 1
Shift - ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE WITH OVERTIME
Address: 2019 E Monte Vista Avenue, Vacaville, CA 95688-3100
Shoe Voucher/Reimbursement @ 90 days
Simonton Windows & Doors makes windows that provide builders, architects, and homeowners with energy efficient, low maintenance solutions that add beauty and charm to any home and this is why great building solutions start with you! As a Cornerstone Building Brands employee, you’ll have an opportunity to positively impact our organization every day and gain valuable knowledge and insight in collaboration with a team of experienced peers. In short, the Cornerstone Building Brands Difference is YOU!
The Windows Screen Assembly position is an entry level team member responsible for assembling building material components. This dedicated team member performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line under direct supervision.
- Repetitive assembles window material components. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co- workers.
Requirements and Experience:
- Every position requires to do the same job you must be open to perform repetitive tasks.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in manufacturing, general labor or construction.
- Lifting requirements: 20 lbs. frequently; 40 lbs. occasionally for light production; and 40 lbs.
- frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally for heavy production.
- Have the ability to operate hand and power tools to fabricate and assemble.
- Have the ability to be cross trained in multiple functions within and between multiple
- department lines.
- Employees are required to stand or walk on a concrete floor surface for up to a ten-hour shift.
- Competitive medical plans
- Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Company-matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement
- Culture based in employee development, continuous improvement, and safety
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience in manufacturing or comparable work environment
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- General mathematical knowledge and proficiency with basic measuring instruments
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing a criminal background check
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Career training, development, and progression planning
We offer great benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that start on day one
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Diverse Culture
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Activities
- Rewards Program
- And much more!
Videos To Watch
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. You can find the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster here. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. If you have a disability and you believe that you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail HRCompliance@cornerstone-bb.com. This email is used exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only emails received for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Notice of Recruitment Fraud
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.